Confessions of a Florist

Tuesday 5 August 2014




Mid Season.  Here I am, mid-season, wedding maddness.  It's been a long, beautiful summer already.  During the summer months, blogging disappears and time becomes more and more important as I squeeze in family life, wedding life and finding a moment for myself.  I have been thinking about "Confessions of a Florist" for a long time and dreaming up ways I can share myself more personally with my audience, to connect, to show you more behind the scenes imagery, make it all more real.  So here I am, writing my first confession!  I am not sure what Confessions of a Florist will shape up to be in the future, but for now..... here are my thoughts.  I will try to blog up Confessions once a week, a huge commitment for me currently.... just no time.....but it's a new goal!  Wish me luck.

We just finished wrapping up 6 beautiful weddings in 2 weeks.  Yes, I design everything myself, and carry a crew for set-up's and deliveries (thank you guys!) It's been an incredible rush, I am chalked full of adrenaline, it's GO GO GO all of the time.  I love it, the adrenaline keeps me on my toes.  There are moments of pure chaos and I am not even sure how I push through it all, step by step, creation by creation I suppose even at 3 in the morning.


Product flew in and the studio these past few weeks, every nook and cranny was filled to the brim with stunning product.  I remember looking around and saying "I am growing out of this space"..... Boxes, rentals, shelves, floor space, cooler space, it's all beginning to seem really small these days. It's a wonderful sign, a sign of growth for my business, but then there's the thought.... what's next?  

The single thought.... what's next???? 


Both my beautiful babies will be in full time school come September and I had always said, right from the birth of Platinum Floral Designs, was once they are both in school.... it's push time.  Time for a new chapter for Platinum... time to push this business to the next level...... BUT, what exactly does that look like.  SO many questions, so many places to take this.... it's overwhelming, exciting, but mostly... figuring out the step by step process.

I have so many great supports, to whom I owe a great deal to.  Without you guys, Platinum would not be here today, the way it is.  From fellow wedding vendors, venues, friends, family, clients who continue to push me to my best, who allow me to be who I am as a person and as your designer.... I can't thank you all enough.  It's been such an incredible experience growing this little biz from the ground up, and literally from the ground up, with not a penny in my pocket, not knowing a single soul here.... just thinking about it makes me wanna cry!

So here's the question - what's next?

......

I'll let you know when I find the answer... still working on ideas, still thinking about how I want to shape the next few years for Platinum..... it's scary at times, fun at others but EXCITING to say the least.... here we go..... dreaming up ideas....

Talk soon

XO

Tina

No comments

Blogging tips