Wedding Vendor - Details, BC, event planning services

Monday 28 January 2019




Onto another week highlighting Victoria's amazing vendors we can absolutely stand behind.  Introducing you to owner and operator, Nicole of Details, BC.  Details has been in business for many, many years, but changed hands a few years back, Nicole became the proud new owner.  She's done alot of changes since her overtaking AND I SIMPLY LOVE HER.  Her company specializes in event planning, event design and decor.  I love working with this gal, not only is she delightful to be around, she's incredibly professional, down to earth and a darn hard worker.  Bursting open doors for clients with an incredible creative eye.  We've worked on numerous weddings and corporate events together, some of which were awarding winning, and featured in print publications!  I am always thrilled when I see an email from Nicole in my inbox!  It means something exciting is coming my way.  She's also recently launched "The Detailed Planner" sharing her skill sets with students who are interested in becoming a planner themselves!"  Truly a wealth of information. So let's find out more about Nicole, her passions and why working with her is something you should consider.  


1.  How long have you been in business and why did you choose to be an event planner?

"I have been in the industry for about 7 years. I actually worked for the previous owner of Details before buying the company 4 years ago. I started out as a florist but as soon as I dove into the event planning side of things I knew it was what I was meant to do. I just love planning things and working with people who don’t."

2.  What makes your company unique, inspiring or different?

"I think what makes us different is the care that we put into building relationships with our clients as well as the fact that we can offer planning and decor/design which makes it easier on the client to be able to go through 1 vendor for essentially everything. I think the fact that Details as a company has been on the island for over 15 years sets us apart as well. We’ve built strong relationships with lots of different vendors in the community and while the owners have changed and style may have shifted the core value of the company hasn’t changed."


3.  Who are your ideal clients and why?

"People who, like I said before, don’t like planning or design. I like to be able to work with clients who are able to put their trust into me and my company and know that we are the pros and will do an outstanding job. Clients who don’t know anything about design or planning are my favourite as they are open to new ideas and able to trust that we know what we are doing. Don’t get me wrong, I love collaborating with the client and welcome clients who have their own ideas but at the end of the day it’s also important to let the professionals do their thing too."



4.  Why should couples planning a wedding hire you?

"Because I will make sure their wedding planning experience is stress free, fun and beautiful."

5.  If there's one piece of advice to your prospective clientele to give, what would that be?

"Trust the pros! You hire them for a reason, trust that they will handle everything and execute a fantastic event for you. At the end of the day remember what’s really important and what the wedding is really about….the love you share with your partner :)"



6.  Describe your design style when approaching events!

"I find my design style is always adapting and evolving. I like to work with what the venue offers and add to it, whether it be enhancing a garden by adding a ton of florals or hanging things from the trees I find it fun to utilize the natural elements of a venue. I always want my designs to be clean, cohesive and have that wow factor. It’s fun to collaborate with other vendors and with my clients to come up with new ideas that really reflect their style and personalities. My favourite is clients that come to me with a theme or a few key words and then let me go to town on the design!"


7.  How far in advance should people contact you to work with?

"Most people hire us anywhere from 9-12 months out, sometimes sooner. I would say for the busier dates we usually book up at least a year in advance so the sooner the better! That being said, we’ve also planned full events with as little as 2 weeks time."

Ah, what can I say, we love Nicole! If you're looking to get ahold of this talented girl, check out her links below.

778-265-4068 (office line)





Blogging tips