Hunter Gatherer - Sustainable Westcoast Event Design for the Victoria Wedding Collective, Vancouver Island

Monday 24 June 2013




This year, I was honoured when we were asked to join the Victoria Wedding Collective, a collective compiled of "creme de la creme" wedding vendors based in Victoria, BC and surrounding areas.  I met Karen McNeil, incredible eye of Karen McNeil Photography through the collective.  When she asked to do a stylized shoot together for the Victoria Wedding Collective, I said Yes!  


We had a few conversations when we both agreed on a Westcoast, sustainable, "hunter gatherer" look.  I love doing something a bit different in stylized shoots and I love a challenge.  My challenge was to use only product grown in my own garden.  It was early May when our shoot took place and I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to find enough flowers/material.





But after a little walk about, and really paying attention to the beauty that had surrounded me, I started to become very inspired!  I grabbed my clippers and off I went....


Found fresh thyme in the garden - the smell was incredible - so I created these little beauties....


There was beautiful moss, ivy, periwinkle, well the list was actually incredibly long - amazing what you can find if you give a little attention to the beauty around you!


We borrowed Charming Decors awesome log centerpieces to add to our theme.


Karen brought some incredible stationary with her from the Paper Suite....


We added a few tid bits from here and there... and we ended up creating this....


A Cake station






And a Stunning Table Setting...




And then Karen surprised me with some amazing shots of the bridal bouquet....


Love this and this


Overall - it turned out to be an amazing WestCoast look!

Vendors involved:





No comments

Blogging tips